Gary M. Sobo Esq.
What people are saying about Gary Sobo: “I have worked with Sobo & Sobo many times, and I have seen Gary Sobo handle many real estate closings. Each time, Sobo & Sobo is the most prepared law firm at the closing table.” – Howard Mills
• Tell me about your educational background.
I graduated from Rutgers University with Bachelor of Arts in 1965. I then graduated Rutgers Law School, Newark, in 1969. My time between college and law school was spent in service in the U.S. Army where I was trained as a counter-mortar radar operator. Training aside, I found my time in the army was a unique opportunity to meet people from all over the country, coming from many backgrounds.
• What do you love about your job?
One of the things I love about my job is that it is never boring. There are always new people to meet and new problems to be solved. Even with thousands of closings done, I am amazed that unique situations keep occurring, needing research and thought to resolve. I always try to resolve these in a way most favorable to the client.
• Tell me about your past experience handling real estate cases.
My experience includes two years serving with the Attorney General of the State of New York, involved with eminent domain proceedings and consumer complaints. I also served eight years as Assistant County Attorney of Orange County, New York handling the same issues, as well as being general counsel for the Orange County Community College. I have conducting real estate closings for over 40 years. I have represented countless buyers, sellers, and banks in real estate transactions, both residential and commercial. I also have extensive experience in estate matters, having practiced in the Surrogate’s Courts since 1969.
• Describe how you approach your real estate matters.
My approach to real estate matters is simple: a good answer often starts with careful consideration and research.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Probate and Estate Matters
- Business Formation and Counseling
- Eminent Domain
- General Litigation
- 5% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1970
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey - 1969
- Rutgers University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Middletown Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- State of New York, Deputy Assistant Attorney General
- Orange County, Former Assistant County Attorney