Brandon R. Cotter Esq.
NY Personal Injury Lawyer
I went to Illinois Wesleyan University and majored in Political Science. I then graduated from Syracuse University College of Law. As a law student at Syracuse University, I was chosen for the elite traveling trial team and won several awards for trial advocacy. I was awarded the American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellency In Advocacy, the Travis H. D. Lewin Award given by New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers for excellence in litigation skills, and was awarded the Excellence in Advocacy Award by the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2011
- Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2010 – Present
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois
- B.A. – 2007
- Major: Political Science
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. – 2010
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society, Order of Barristers
Honors and Awards
- Winner – National Trial Advocacy Competition(NY)
- N.Y. State Bar Trial Lawyers Section Tiffany Cup Award
- American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy
- N.Y. State Academy of Trial LAwyers, Travis D. Lewis Award
- N.Y. State Academy of Trial Lawyers, Excellence in Advocacy Award
“I can see why most of SOBO & SOBO’s cases settle without a trial,” said the victim. “Because this firm is really good in the courtroom. Thank you, Brandon, for all your hard work.” – Liz Mendoza
When I was younger I was involved in a number of sports. I think being a part of a team has helped tremendously. We have such a wealth of experience here in both the attorneys and staff. It is wonderful to see everyone come together in order to achieve the best results possible.
My favorite part of the job is the clients. We only represent people, not companies. I love to be the voice for someone against the country’s biggest corporations, whether it is an insurance company or product manufacturer. There is no better feeling than fighting for the little guy.
What I like best about Sobo & Sobo, LLP is the way we measure accomplishments. Although we get our clients' the best settlements possible, our goal is to make them happy. When I think of my accomplishments I think of the smile on our client's faces when they walk out the door. That’s what I remember most.
I grew up in a blue collar family. My father was a baker and my mother was a nurse. I watched them both work 12 hour shifts and raise myself and my sisters. Watching them really helped shape my view of proper work ethic.