Malcolm Stewart Esq.
I am a lifelong Goshen resident. I graduated from Goshen High School in 1966, Princeton University in 1970 and New York University School of Law in 1976. I served as a Lieutenant in the United States Air Force from 1970 to 1973.
I began my legal career as a Senior Assistant District for Orange County in 1976. After leaving the D.A.’s office in 1980, I was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Orange County Legal Aid Society for a year and an associate with Seaman, McGuirk and Zeccola, P.C. in New Windsor, New York for two years. From 1983 until 2000 I was in private practice concentrating primarily on criminal and matrimonial matters. In my years as a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, I tried more than 30 felony jury trials to a verdict. I served as the President of the Orange County Bar Association from May of 1996 to May of 1997.
In January of 2000, I began a career in insurance defense. I spent 18 years trying and defending cases for several major insurance companies in the counties throughout the Hudson Valley, the five boroughs of the City of New York, and Nassau and Suffolk Counties. After 18 years of commuting, I am happy to return home to Orange County to work with the great team of professionals at Sobo & Sobo.
- 1977 New York State
- 1981 United States Court for the Southern District of New York
- 1981 United States Court for the Eastern District of New York
- 1970 Princeton University BA
- 1976 New York University School of Law, JD
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- 1976 Orange County Bar Association, President May of 1996 – May of 1997
- 1977 New York State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Senior Assistant District Attorney, Orange County
- Senior Trial Attorney, Orange County Legal Aid Society
- Associate Attorney, Seaman, McGuirk and Zeccola, PC, New Windsor, NY