New York Social Security Disability, Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
I went to Appalachian State University. I spent time in Oxford, England where I studied at the Oxford Institute for Law and Justice. I returned to the United States where I pursued my law degree at the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan. During law school I volunteered for various opportunities and was offered a position as a Social Security Disability attorney.
- 2010 New York
- 2012 United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- 2012 United States District court for the Southern District of New York
- 2013 United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- 2006 Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, BS
- 2010 Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, JD
- 2008 Oxford Institute for Law and Justice, Oxford, England
- 2008 The University of St. Michael’s College at The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- 2014 Orange County Bar Association
- 2014 Dutchess County Bar Association
- 2015 National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- 2017 New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- 2017 American Association for Justice
I’ve always had a desire to help the underprivileged and underrepresented population in my community. Seeing people battle addiction, seeing children neglected, and seeing the hopelessness on the faces of the homeless really creates an internal drive to help everyone that cannot be reversed. Life is a journey with many obstacles. An individual can be living a life with few, if any, obstacles being in the way. One slip, one fall, one turn, one diagnosis, or simply bad luck can change all of that. Great satisfaction is had when you tell someone you can help them, your work comes to fruition, and all parties are gratified at the end.
I love meeting different people, answering questions, and hearing about each unique story that every client has. There is always something new to hear and I never know what the next day will bring.
My biggest accomplishments in my career are the feelings after winning a hearing. Knowing that you helped someone who otherwise would not have been able to help themselves and that you may have just changed someone’s life forever.
For seven years, I have handled cases at all levels from initial intake to taking SSD cases to Federal District Court. I have traveled the country representing claimants. I have also worked throughout the State of New York and have dealt with many different demographics, many different judges, and many different government offices in handling these claims.
My approach to handling any case is to try to make the client as happy as possible, to make them feel like they are a priority, and to make them feel like we are doing everything we possibly can to help them with their case. I want them to know that everything is being handled and that a burden is being lifted.