- New York Abilify Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Actos Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Benicar Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Opioids Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Pradaxa Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Risperdal Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Victoza Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Vioxx Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Zostavax Lawsuit Lawyer
- MAIN Defective Drugs & Devices
New York Benicar Lawsuit Lawyer
Benicar is a medication prescribed for treating high blood pressure. Unfortunately patients and doctors alike began to note a link between taking Benicar and severe intestinal issues. It was also observed that once the medication was stopped, the intestinal issues resolved.
A List Of Benicar’s Side Effects Includes:
- Serious gastrointestinal issues
- Fetal toxicity
- Fetal kidney failure
- Fetal skeletal deformations
- Fetal skull hyperplasia
- Fetal anuria
- Fetal low blood pressure
- Fetal death
- Olmesartan Associated Enteropathy (OAE)
- Spruelike enteropathy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Severe weight loss
- Kidney failure
- Villous atrophy, blunting or damage
- Abdominal, gastrointestinal pain
- Difficulty breathing/swallowing
- Increased risk of cancer in some patients
- Heart problems may result in death for diabetic patients
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Muscle tissue breakdown
- Kidney failure
- Allergic reactions
- High cholesterol
At Sobo & Sobo we want to help those who have suffered as a result of taking Benicar. We are dedicated to providing excellent legal services to those who are victims of the use of defective drugs. Our accessible attorneys are ready to listen to your story and fight to obtain fair and equitable compensation for your suffering.
More About Benicar
Benicar, also called Olmesartan, is sold under the brand names Azor, Tribenzor, Benicar, and Benicar HCT. It was first created in Japan in 1995 and then made and marketed by Forest Laboratories and Daiichi Sanyko. Benicar was approved for sale to the public by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 and has become one of the most widely prescribed medications in the U.S.
Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) that blocks a patient’s angiotension, causing blood vessels to narrow and allows the blood vessels to expand, reducing blood pressure.
These Drugs Contain:
- Benicar — olmesartan medoxomil
- Benicar HCT — olmesartan medoxomil + hydroclorothiazide
- Azor — olmesartan medoxomil + amlodipine
- Tribenzor — olmesaratan medoxomil + hydroclorothiazide + amlodipine
The Case Against Benicar
Most Benicar lawsuits claim that Forest Laboratories and Daiichi Sankyo knew or should have known about the risk of intestinal problems, that they misrepresented the safety of Olmesartan and that they failed to warn patients about the risk, thus making them negligent and liable.
On August 1, 2017 the two drug companies agreed to pay $300 million in settlement of all cases provided that 95 percent of all claimants opt in. It is not the first time that Forest Labs and Daiichi Sanyko have been in trouble with the law. In 2015 they paid up to $40 million to the U.S. Justice Department in settlement of an allegation that they illegally paid physicians for prescribing Benicar (and other drugs) to patients during 2005 through 2011. That lawsuit was brought by a whistleblower, a former sales representative of Daiichi.
The company continues to state Benicar is safe and does not admit liability.
A Look To The Future
Suing the drug makers for dangerous and defective drugs may accomplish a number of things aside from a plaintiff’s compensation. A product liability lawsuit often makes the general public aware of a defective and dangerous drug and it is possible that the manufacturers may fix the product, recall it to upgrade it or withdraw it from the marketplace. Ultimately product liability lawsuits play a huge role in making sure consumer products, such as drugs, are reliable and safe.
Of course lawsuits also seek to recover for the plaintiff among other things, the costs of expensive medical bills, emotional distress, and lost time off work. If you believe this drug has injured you, seek out an experienced attorney to find out your legal rights.
How Sobo & Sobo Can Help
The attorneys at Sobo & Sobo provide unsurpassed legal services and are personal injury law leaders to the Hudson Valley community. We will put our experience to use during your initial consultation as we listen to your story and help you make informed decisions about how to proceed with your defective drug case.
Take the time to learn about your legal rights, call Sobo & Sobo at 855-468-7626. Our prompt action, in partnership with you, could make a difference in the outcome of your case. We would be honored to hear your story and look forward to taking the next step toward Winning Together.