- New York Abilify Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Actos Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Benicar Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Opioids Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Pradaxa Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Risperdal Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Victoza Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Vioxx Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Zostavax Lawsuit Lawyer
- MAIN Defective Drugs & Devices
New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and been taking Invokana?
If so, have you been experiencing serious side effects such as severe urinary tract infections or kidney failure? Have they suffered a stroke or heart attack? Have they had to suffer through the devastating amputation of a toe or foot or leg?
If any of the above is true for you or a loved one, you may be eligible to file an Invokana lawsuit.
At Sobo & Sobo, we know how frightening it must be to find out that a drug you are taking could cause such serious and potentially deadly side effects. We’ve stood by countless victims and are ready to stand by you. We’re dedicated to help and want to start by listening to your story. We are leaders in personal injury law and want to use our decades of product liability experience to help you with your defective drug case.
Information About Invokana
Invokana (canagliflozin), a drug created to treat type 2 diabetes is made and distributed by Johnson & Johnson and it’s subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Invokana is referred to an SGLT2 inhibitor or a Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor. It belongs to the class of gliflozin drugs, a class of diabetic medications that treat type 2 diabetes.
Invokana lowers blood glucose levels and pushes higher amounts of sugar out of the body via a patient’s urine. This action causes a number of other side effects that can be very severe. Invokana users have experienced a wide variety of serious side effects, including strokes, diabetic ketoacidosis, kidney issues and heart attacks. Some ended up in hospital. Others became permanently disabled.
Side Effects of Invokana include:
- Fournier gangrene: necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum. An infection in and around the genitals of males and females, leading to serious body damage and possibly death
- Amputation of the leg, foot or toe(s)
- Acute kidney injury: decreased urine, swelling in the legs/feet
- Kidney failure
- Kidney impairment
- Kidney stones
- Cardiovascular problems: stroke, heart attack
- Diabetic ketoacidosis: excessive acid levels in the blood
- Urinary tract infections
- Bone fractures
- Low blood pressure symptoms
- Breast cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Acute pancreatitis
- Yeast infections
- Decreased bone mineral density
Studies and Warnings
Two studies, the Canagliflozin Cardiovascular Assessment Study (CANVAS) and the CANVAS renal-end-points trial (CANVAS-R) have shown taking Invokana doubles the risk for lower-limb amputation.
As a result of those two studies, the FDA released a black box warning highlighting the high risk of amputations. That warning also included cautioning consumers to watch for signs of ulcers, sores, infection, inflammation, pain or tenderness in the feet and legs and to immediately report them to a medical professional.
In August of 2018, the FDA issued yet another warning about Invokana, the increased danger of contracting a rare and very serious genital infection called Fournier gangrene or necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals and parent company, Johnson & Johnson, allegedly failed to make consumers and medical professionals aware of the risks of taking Invokana. Several lawsuits have already been filed across the country and the number of them is increasing.
If you or a loved one has experienced serious complications from taking this drug, it is vitally important that you find out what your legal rights are by seeking an experienced medical malpractice or defective drug attorney.
Help For Victims of Defective Drugs
The attorneys at Sobo & Sobo are personal injury law leaders and have provided unsurpassed legal services to people throughout the Hudson Valley. During your initial consultation, we will listen to your story, and help you make informed decisions about how to proceed. We understand it is a difficult time for you, and we are here to help with your defective drug litigation.
Take the time to learn about your legal rights. Call Sobo & Sobo at 855-468-7626 as soon as possible. Our prompt action, in partnership with you, could make a difference in the outcome of your case. We would be honored to hear your story and look forward to taking the next step toward Winning Together.