- New York Abilify Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Actos Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Benicar Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Invokana Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Januvia Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Opioids Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Pradaxa Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Risperdal Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Victoza Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Vioxx Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer
- New York Zostavax Lawsuit Lawyer
- MAIN Defective Drugs & Devices
New York Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit Lawyer
Have you or someone you love been taking Onglyza to control high blood sugar and type 2 diabetes?
Have You Suffered From…
- Heart failure
- Congestive heart failure
- Severe joint pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Pancreatic cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Severe, life-threatening allergy reactions
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Blisters, breakdown of outer skin layer (Bullous pemphigoid)
- Peripheral edema (fluid retention related swelling)
If you or your loved one has been suffering from any of the serious side effects listed above or if a family member has died as a result of taking this drug, Sobo & Sobo wants to help. It is maddening to think of taking a drug that is supposed to help manage an illness is actually making patients feel worse. We have years of experience offering excellence in legal services and want to help others benefit from our dedication to helping the injured.
Information About Onglyza and Studies That Were Conducted
Onglyza (saxagliptin) also called Kombiglyze (saxagliptin and metformin HCI extended-release) is made and distributed by AstraZeneca, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. It can be used alone or in combination with other medications to control high blood sugar. Onglyza is used in people with type-2 diabetes (non-insulin-dependent).
Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR are referred to as DPP-4 inhibitors – a new class of drugs to control diabetes. Onglyza was given U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approval despite concerns about its cardiovascular safety. The concerns about cardiovascular safety were mentioned in a study indicating Onglyza may be associated with a higher of heart failure and death.
Even though the FDA approved Onglyza, it demanded AstraZeneca conduct a study. The study, involving 16,000 patients was called Saxagliptin Assessment of Vascular Outcomes Recorded (SAVOR) and it raised major safety concerns. The study revealed that Onglyza patients were 27 percent more likely to be hospitalized for heart failure. It also identified a significant increase in the rate of “all-cause mortality” among patients.
The FDA told AstraZeneca to add information to Onglyza’s label warning about heart failure risks but did not suggest updating the warning label to address the increase in all-cause deaths and did not recommend restrictions on prescribing the drug.
By 2012, Onglyza, had sales of $709 million, becoming a leading product for AstraZeneca. Onglyza heart failure side effects were not made public until 2014, and a warning label for this was not added until 2016. In April 2016, the FDA announced Onglyza and Kombiglyze XR were required to carry warnings about heart failure risk. Other label updates now also include warnings about pancreatic cancer, pancreatitis, and severe joint pain.
Holding Big Pharma Accountable
Pharmaceutical giants AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb could be found liable for Onglyza/Kombiglyze XR deaths and/or injuries if a court determines they were negligent during the manufacturing process or participated in misleading marketing for the drug.
It could be argued that AstraZeneca/Bristol-Myers Squibb did not properly warn consumers about the drug causing potential heart problems. Several Onglyza lawsuits have been filed against the drug companies.
There are two main types of lawsuits that can be filed when dealing with a defective drug such as Onglyza:
- Personal injury and defective drug lawsuits seeking compensation for the plaintiff for their pain and suffering, medical bills and lost wages.
- Wrongful death and medical negligence lawsuit filed by the family of an individual who allegedly died as a result of taking a defective drug like Onglyza or Kombiglyze.
Have you or a loved one been seriously harmed by taking Onglyza or Kombiglyze? Connecting with an attorney is vitally important to begin the process of obtaining compensation for your injuries. You were taking the drug in good faith but the drug manufacturer was not demonstrating good faith by marketing and selling a dangerous drug. You deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering.
Help For Your Defective Drug Case
The lawyers at Sobo & Sobo are leaders in personal injury law and have experience providing unparalleled legal services to victims throughout New York State. During your initial consultation, we listen to your story and help you make informed decisions about how to proceed with your dangerous drug litigation.
Take the time to learn about your legal rights, call Sobo & Sobo at 855-468-7626 as soon as possible. Our prompt action, in partnership with you, could make a difference in the outcome of your case. We look forward to hearing your story and taking the first step toward Winning Together.